The University of Maryland Writing Project (UMdWP) at the University of Maryland College Park is pleased to announce the 2017-2018 Invitational Institute, “Fostering Effective Writing Instruction and Creating Classroom Writing Communities.” We invite teachers with at least 3 years of teaching experience, PK-16, to consider applying to this grant funded professional development. Full and partial fellowships are available towards tuition remission for the six graduate credit program. More information is available about the program on this website or by contacting the directors at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must attend an information session in March and complete the application process by April 15th.
- deepen your understanding of literacy instruction
- reflect on your beliefs and practices
- discover and enrich yourself as a writer
- prepare and share your expertise with other teachers
- join a network of professional colleagues
- revitalize and renew yourself